Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Battleships? and some summertime fun...

Matthew sliding down the biggest anchor ever!!

Jacob showing his super cute side...

My parents made the trek to New England last weekend to visit us and boy did we have some fun! The Beach, Battleship Cove, and some pool time!

Battleship cove was Awesome. My grandfather (my dad's dad) used to be the first mate on the Blakeley (during WWII) and so my dad got to check out a ship almost like the Blakeley.. Also, a submarine and some other awesome Navy ships. It was an incredible day. I heard some old stories about my family and my dad had the chance to reminisce.

We also had the opportunity to view the 9 11 memorial to the loved ones from Massachusetts lost that terrible day. It was a very nice memorial that I teared up reading.

It amazes me how much our Military employees and families give up every day to protect all of us here in the USA. I know they wouldn't have it any other way but I am impressed by all of them. Thank you seems too simple an expression to thank them for what they do for all of us each and every day. But THANK YOU to all our Military, you are amazing people and so are your families.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend and the Awesome fun we had....


Gpa, Jon, and Jake chilling on the SHIP!



Nanny and her boys (Ladies Man) getting ready to chow at the mess....











1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!! And I so agree...I am so thankful for what our soldiers do for us. I think we need to be reminded on a daily basis!!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete